The first One Team Gov in Wales unconference took place on 22 January 2018 in Techniquest, Cardiff.
visual recording of the day from @auralab
What is One Team Gov?
At its heart, it’s a community, united and guided by a set of principles. Together, we are working to create a movement of reform through practical action.
The community is made up of people who are passionate about public sector reform (we deliberately want this to be wider than just government), with the emphasis on improving the services we offer to citizens and how we work.
A group of cross-sector professionals in Wales organised a #OneTeamGovInWales event to expand the network. We believe One Team Gov can unite networks of people, support us to share skills and learn lessons from each others’ roles and area of expertise.
What happened at the unconference?
- Active involvement in building on the One Team Gov community from people in Wales who are passionate about reforming public services so they better meet the needs of citizens.
- An unconference format where
- we collectively set the agenda on the day
- people pitched a variety of discussion topics that they’re passionate about (1 minute pitch, no powerpoint, no sales pitches)
the session grid at the unconference
Read Toby’s blog post for more information about pitching.
- Connections with people from all sectors doing innovative work for public services, finding and exploring new ideas to solve policy, delivery or improvement issues you are facing.
- A safe space to break down barriers between policy, delivery, design and technology.
How to get involved
We have a great mix of people from across public sector, private sector and voluntary organisations who meet up every Wednesday at 17:00. Register for the next meetup on our events page.
We also have a couple of Breakfast events planned on 28 February and 14 March, please register on our events page.
Useful blog posts about One Team Gov in Wales